10th September 2020
As the company continues to grow, CatSci require additional experienced technical staff to join a dynamic team in our world-class facility. We are seeking a scientist or engineer with expertise in API physical properties, preformulation characterisation or crystallisation to join the process research and development group within CatSci.
Location: Cardiff, UK
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Compensation: £36-50k, 25 days annual leave, company benefits and annual bonus
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Using chemical engineering principles, model-based design of experiments and control approaches to design and optimise crystallisation, isolation and drying operations for pharmaceutical materials
- Role modelling a high and safe standard of laboratory work whilst simultaneously delivering value to multiple projects
- Displaying disciplinary scientific leadership, and introducing workflows and technologies that develop CatSci’s crystallisation capability
- Experience in thermal, spectroscopic, microscopy and particle characterisation methods
- Using coaching and mentoring to grow an inhouse team of crystallisation and material characterisation scientists, and to raise competency in crystallisation in the wider Chemical Development team
- Taking responsibility for the quality, communication and delivery of crystallisation science on projects, and maintaining strong operational relationships with customers
- Working effectively across functional boundaries and with our client teams to achieve project needs and share opportunities and challenges
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a postgraduate qualification in chemical engineering or chemistry with at least five years’ industrial experience and a technical focus on pharmaceutical crystallisation
- Be externally recognised as possessing expertise in crystallisation methodologies relevant to drug substances
- Familiarity with process analytical technologies in the context of crystallisation process development is desired
- Preferably have knowledge of data analytics and data visualisation tools
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with a clear focus on delivering demanding project objectives
- Ability to challenge the status quo, approaching challenges with a growth mindset
- Capable of mentoring and developing team members.
- Good communicator, using written and verbal media; able to advocate and justify own opinion, but equally able to take on board differing opinions and work collaboratively
- Confident to make decisions with integrity to support the business
- Enthusiastic and keen for challenging new experiences and learning.
- Works well with others as a team player to ensure collective goals are achieved.
- Demonstrates a clear growth mindset and genuine commitment to the time and effort needed to develop oneself and others
- Understands customers and uses that insight to provide value
- Continuously support a culture of continuous improvement, providing regular feedback that enhances team performance
To Apply for this Position
Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter outlining why you believe you are qualified for this demanding and exciting role.
Applications will only be considered if received by e-mail. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 30th September 2020
© CatSci Ltd, 2020