We’re hiring – Laboratory and Facilities Manager
8th November 2018
Due to ongoing success, CatSci Ltd is entering a period of high growth and now requires an experienced Laboratory and Facilities Manager to support the dynamic team in their world-class facility.
Location: Cardiff, UK
Contract: Full-time, permanent, to start as soon as possible
Compensation: £28-38k, 25 days annual leave, company benefits and annual bonus
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Reporting directly to a Senior Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient running of CatSci’s laboratory facilities
- Qualification of new apparatus and equipment for laboratory use
- Training of scientific staff in use of laboratory equipment
- Planning and following through with laboratory and equipment maintenance and upgrade schedules
- Procurement of equipment, chemicals and consumables as required for project needs
- Developing, writing and upholding relevant SOPs
- Implementing and maintaining safety standards in the company
- Supporting the technical team to ensure efficient and effective delivery of projects
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience (5+ years) in laboratory or facilities management in a scientific laboratory context
- A qualification in science (HNC, HND or Degree level) or in facilities management/laboratory management
- Good understanding of COSHH regulations and GLP
- Experience dealing with cryogenic and other gases, pressure elute systems and their associated regulations
- Experience in the handling, packaging and transport of dangerous goods
- Proven ability to work with a wide range of people to ensure the smooth running of a facility
The ideal candidate will be:
- Self-motivated and able to work well with a fair degree of autonomy
- Able to prioritise and reconcile agendas of various stakeholders
- A ‘can do’ attitude; able to identify and implement creative solutions to operational
To Apply for this Position
Please send your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter outlining why you believe you are qualified for this varied and pivotal role.
Applications will only be considered if received by e-mail. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
© CatSci Ltd, 2018.