We’re hiring – Senior Scientist (Process Development)
5th October 2020
As the company continues to grow and maintains its focus on green chemistry, CatSci require additional experienced technical staff to join a dynamic team in our world-class facility. We are seeking a scientist to join the process research and development group within CatSci.
Location: Cardiff, UK
Contract: Permanent, full time
Compensation: £30-38k, 25 days annual leave, company benefits and annual bonus
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Applying creative and systematic approaches to chemical process development that leads to safe, environmentally sustainable, robust and scalable synthetic routes.
- Application of digital tools and approaches to deliver fast and efficient process understanding for our clients.
- Practical project delivery in the laboratory as project and portfolio demands require.
- Delivering chemistry programmes to cost, quality and time demands.
- Liaising with clients at technical meetings, and compiling reports to convey results and offer conclusions.
- Taking personal responsibility for the quality, integrity, communication and delivery of science on your projects, and maintaining strong operational relationships with customers.
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD in chemistry in organic chemistry with broad and rigorous understanding of organic synthesis.
- PhDs in physical and inorganic chemistry may also be considered, depending on the degree of organic synthesis knowledge and the balance of other skills.
- Relevant industrial experience is an asset but is not essential.
- Practical expertise in the use of synthetic chemistry techniques.
- An appreciation of analytical chemistry, physical organic and/or catalysis would be advantageous.
- Some experience, or a genuine interest, in the development and scale-up of chemical processes to large scale lab and pilot processes.
- Excellent task management and communication skills, and proficiency in the use of appropriate information technology.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively to solve demanding problems.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with a clear personal focus on delivering demanding project objectives.
- Ability to challenge the status quo, approaching challenges with a growth mindset.
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative in approaching complex chemical challenges.
- Good communicator, using written and verbal media; able to advocate and justify personal opinion. Equally comfortable to assimilate differing opinions and work collaboratively.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn; keen for challenging new experiences and scientific accountability.
- Works well with others as a team player to ensure collective goals are achieved.
- Demonstrates a genuine commitment to the time and effort needed to develop oneself and others.
- Understands customers and uses that insight to provide value.
- Continuously support a culture of continuous improvement, providing regular feedback that enhances team performance.
To Apply for this Position
Please send a CV to email@example.com with a covering letter outlining why you believe you are qualified for this demanding and exciting role.
Applications will only be considered if received by e-mail. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 1st November 2020