We’re hiring – Senior Scientist (Catalysis)
15th October 2020
As the company continues to grow and maintains its focus on green chemistry, CatSci require additional experienced technical staff to join a dynamic team in our world-class facility. We are seeking a scientist to join the process research and development group within CatSci.
Location: Cardiff, UK
Compensation: £30-38k, 25 days annual leave, company benefits and annual bonus
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Applying disciplinary expertise that leads to the incorporation of safe, environmentally sustainable and robust chemocatalytic steps into synthetic routes.
- Using medium and high throughput experimentation to deliver data rich solutions to customers.
- Work with senior staff to apply your technical expertise to raise awareness in, and expertise of, catalytic processes.
- Bringing scientific excellence to the research and development of new processes for our clients.
- Practical project delivery in the laboratory as project and portfolio demands require.
- Recommending new science and technology initiatives that improve CatSci’s ability to provide catalysis solutions to clients.
- Taking personal responsibility for the quality, integrity, communication and delivery of science on your projects, and maintaining strong operational relationships with customers.
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Have a PhD in chemistry with a technical focus on catalysis and broad knowledge of organic synthesis. Additional industrial or academic experience preferred.
- Have state of the art knowledge of transition metal catalysis and asymmetric hydrogenation.
- Knowledge of heterogeneous catalysis, biocatalysis and predictive modelling would be advantageous.
- Role model a high standard of technical work with ability to simultaneously deliver value to multiple projects.
- Have well developed skills in using design of experiments, automated laboratory technologies and kinetics to solve demanding problems in catalysis.
- Have well developed data management and visualisation skills.
- Have good knowledge of applicable standards and an understanding of HSSE.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with a clear personal focus on delivering demanding project objectives.
- Ability to challenge the status quo, approaching challenges with a growth mindset.
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative in approaching complex chemical challenges.
- Good communicator, using written and verbal media; able to advocate and justify personal opinion. Equally comfortable to assimilate differing opinions and work collaboratively.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn; keen for challenging new experiences and scientific accountability.
- Works well with others as a team player to ensure collective goals are achieved.
- Demonstrates a genuine commitment to the time and effort needed to develop oneself and others.
- Understands customers and uses that insight to provide value.
- Continuously support a culture of continuous improvement, providing regular feedback that enhances team performance.
To Apply for this Position
Please send a CV to email@example.com with a covering letter outlining why you believe you are qualified for this demanding and exciting role.
Applications will only be considered if received by e-mail. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 1st November 2020