We’re hiring – Senior Analytical Chemists
As the company continues to grow rapidly, CatSci require additional experienced technical experts to join a dynamic team in our world-class facility.
What will your role look like?
Reporting directly to the Analytical Team Leader, you will act as the Analytical Lead on customer projects, taking personal responsibility for the quality, integrity, communication and delivery of science on your projects, and maintaining strong operational relationships with customers. You will be responsible for the development of analytical methods for small molecule API and intermediates (such as LC/GC-MS) and novel solutions that accelerate PR&D to meet customer expectations and timelines. You will demonstrate analytical problem solving and troubleshooting, working as one team with other members of PR&D.
Who are we?
CatSci Ltd, based in Cardiff, UK, is an innovation partner to the chemical research, development and manufacturing industries, specialising in process research and development for manufacturing drug substance and other high value materials. CatSci Ltd has extensive knowledge and expertise in a wide range of chemistry from discovery support through to full scale manufacturing and life-cycle management.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary: £30,000 – £37,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 25 days annual leave
- Company benefits
- Annual bonus
- Wellbeing Program
- Permanent and temporary opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to prior agreement)
- The best team to work with (even if it is us saying so!)
What are we looking for?
- BSc in Chemistry or a related subject (PhD desirable
- Industry related experience will be desirable
- An extensive experience in analytical chemistry/ science
- Expertise in a field applied to the development of pharmaceutical products
- Proven ability to develop scientifically sound and robust methods of analysis using HPLC, GC
- The ability to recognise and resolve atypical data in chromatographic and spectroscopic results
- An ability to simultaneously deliver value to multiple projects
- Data management and visualisation skills
- An appreciation of synthetic chemistry, physical organic and/or catalysis would be advantageous
Additional areas of experience that would be beneficial are:
- Analysis of oligonucleotides (RNA therapeutics)
- Analysis of cannabinoids
- In depth LC-MS experience
Passion for science is essential, as well as self-motivation and results-oriented nature. You will be capable of mentoring and developing team members, making decisions with integrity to support the business, while fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
Do you have what it takes to join on this journey of growth? Apply by sending your CV, which clearly demonstrates required criteria, to email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can use the form below or, but if you do not receive an automatic email confirming your application being successful, please email us directly.