We’re hiring – Organic Chemistry Leader
As the company continues to grow rapidly, CatSci require an additional Organic Chemistry Leader to join a dynamic process chemistry team in our world-class facility in Cardiff.
What will your role look like?
You will lead and line-manage operation of the technical teams to deliver excellent process research and development for our customers. You will be mentoring and coaching junior members of staff and by leading by example you will support teams’ personal and technical development.
- Taking a leading role that ensures team members maintain and continually improve safe and compliant operations
- Developing fit-for-purpose ways of working and metrics
- Project proposal drafting covering cost and timeline estimations
- Helping review and/or drafting of company policy documents
- Helping thorough implementation of company processes and policies
- Championing quality and cost improvement measures
- Team building and career progression of team members
- Interdepartmental coordination for project and other company related tasks
- Budget responsibility
You will demonstrate and deliver scientific excellence in your area of chemical expertise, following external scientific and technological development in the area of small molecule chemical development.
Who are we?
CatSci Ltd, based in Cardiff, UK, is an innovation partner to the chemical research, development and manufacturing industries, specialising in process research and development for manufacturing drug substance and other high value materials. CatSci Ltd has extensive knowledge and expertise in a wide range of chemistry from discovery support through to full scale manufacturing and life-cycle management.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary: from £45,000.00 per annum
- 25 days annual leave
- Company benefits
- Annual bonus
- Wellbeing Program
- Permanent and temporary opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to prior agreement)
- The best team to work with (even if it is us saying so!)
What we are looking for:
- A PhD in chemistry with significant experience in the industry
- Detailed understanding of organic synthesis, scale-up and process chemistry
- Experience in leading projects and teams for synthetic chemistry programs
- Expertise in the use of practical synthetic chemistry techniques
- Management and leadership experience and capability
- Evidence of continues professional development
- Financial acumen in project management
*As an equal opportunities employer, we will provide reasonable support to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require any adjustments in order to attend/ perform in the interview, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Do you have what it takes to join on this journey of growth? Apply by sending your CV, which clearly demonstrates required criteria to email@example.com.