We’re hiring – Operations Administrator
11th January 2021
As the company facilities continue to expand, CatSci now requires a Operations Administrator to join our dynamic team.
Location: Cardiff, UK
Compensation: Excellent renumeration package including company shares and annual bonus, 25 days annual leave.
Reports to Operational Support Manager
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Operations Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support to enable operations at CatSci. Working as part of the Operational Support team, they will place orders with suppliers, ensure the work areas are appropriately stocked, well-maintained and suitable for internal customers. They will support the procurement of materials for other teams, accept deliveries and will be responsible for shipping finished products to international customers. They will also work alongside other internal teams (including finance) to process invoices, and assist the Operational Support manager with other administrative duties as required.
The Operations Administrator will be expected to perform the following tasks without supervision and in a safe manner, following all training, documented ways of working and with consideration for legal duties:
- Performing stock checks and generating purchase requests
- Processing purchase requests, preparing purchase orders and placing orders with suppliers
- Assisting with accepting and unpacking deliveries
- Supporting related administration tasks, such as checking receipts and confirming goods received
- Packing and shipping finished products (including managing shipping requests)
- Supporting the efficient running of the office areas (e.g. managing mail, stationary and working with third-party contractors)
- Receiving and directing external telephone calls
- Carrying out all tasks accurately and with care for detail
- Performing any other reasonable tasks to support the business as required
- Adhering to strict health & safety procedures
Knowledge and Skills
This is a diverse and stimulating role requiring a broad range of skills. In particular, the ideal candidate must be proficient in the use of the full suite of Microsoft 365 products and other windows-based software. They should also have experience of supporting operational administration, ideally in a scientific or engineering company. Qualifications should include GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above for Maths, Science & English. A higher qualification in a science or a related field would be an advantage.
The successful candidate must have a keen eye for detail and be able to manage several simultaneous tasks. They will have an approachable and helpful manner, showing initiative in identifying and work well without supervision.
To Apply for this Position
Please send a CV to email@example.com with a covering letter outlining why you believe you are qualified for this demanding and exciting role.
Applications will only be considered if received by e-mail. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 24th January 2021