We’re hiring – Laboratory Technician
11th January 2021
As the company facilities continue to expand, CatSci now requires a Laboratory Technician to join our dynamic team.
Location: Cardiff, UK
Compensation: Excellent renumeration package including company shares and annual bonus, 25 days annual leave.
Reports to Operational Support Manager
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for providing general support for laboratory operations at CatSci. Working as part of the Operational Support team, they will ensure all laboratory areas are appropriately stocked, well-maintained and cleaned. They will support the procurement of materials for other teams, accept deliveries and be responsible for processing waste generated on site.
The Laboratory Technician will be expected to perform the following tasks without supervision and in a safe manner, following all training, documented ways of working and with consideration for legal duties:
- Manual handling (e.g. moving gas cylinders from delivery area to point of use).
- Performing stock checks and generating purchase requests
- Accepting and unpacking deliveries, and distributing goods to the point of use
- Packing and shipping finished products
- Processing laboratory waste for disposal
- Laboratory cleaning and general maintenance
- Logging and monitoring technical data (e.g. utility usage)
- Support related administration e.g. checking receipts and confirming goods received
- Supervising servicing and maintenance in laboratory areas
- Carrying out routine tasks accurately and with care for detail
- Performing any other reasonable requests to support the business as required
- Adhering to strict health & safety procedures
Knowledge and Skills
This is a diverse and stimulating role requiring a broad range of skills, from performing administrative tasks using the full suite of MS365 products to the requirement for manual handling and work in a laboratory environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience of laboratory operations, or other similar technical support roles in a scientific or engineering facility. Qualifications should include GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above for Maths, Science & English. A higher qualification in a science would be an advantage but is not essential for this role.
The successful candidate must be able to act with initiative, identifying and resolving concerns without supervision. They must also be prepared to respond quickly to the needs of internal customers and external parties, potentially managing multiple tasks at the same time. Some flexible working may be necessary to meet the needs of the business, although personal circumstances will be considered.
To Apply for this Position
Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter outlining why you believe you are qualified for this demanding and exciting role.
Applications will only be considered if received by e-mail. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 24th January 2021