We’re hiring – Associate Principal Scientist (Catalysis)
25th August 2020
As the company continues to grow and maintains its focus on green chemistry, CatSci require additional experienced technical staff to join a dynamic team in our world-class facility. We are seeking a scientist with expertise in the design, optimisation and scale up of catalytic processes to join the process research and development group within CatSci.
Location: Cardiff, UK
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Compensation: £36-50k, 25 days annual leave, company benefits and annual bonus
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Proposal and identification of efficient and robust synthetic routes for the preparation of APIs
- Disciplinary scientific leadership in API project leading to the incorporation of safe, environmentally sustainable and robust chemocatalytic steps into synthetic routes
- Using medium and high throughput experimentation to deliver data rich solutions to customers
- Using your technical expertise to coach and mentor team members in order to raise awareness and expertise of catalytic processes
- Championing new science and technology initiatives that improve CatSci’s ability to provide catalysis solutions to clients
- Taking personal responsibility for the quality, integrity, communication and delivery of science on projects, and maintaining strong operational relationships with customers.
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a PhD in chemistry with at least five experience of industrial process chemistry with a technical focus on catalysis
- Have state of the art knowledge of transition metal catalysis and asymmetric hydrogenation
- Knowledge of heterogeneous catalysis, biocatalysis and predictive modelling would be advantageous
- Role model a high standard of technical work with ability to simultaneously deliver value to multiple projects
- Have advanced skills in using design of experiments, automated laboratory technologies and kinetics to solve demanding problems in catalysis
- Have advanced data management and visualisation skills
- Have good knowledge of applicable standards and an understanding of SHE
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with a clear personal focus on delivering demanding project objectives
- Ability to challenge the status quo, approaching challenges with a growth mindset
- Capable of mentoring and developing team members
- Good communicator, using written and verbal media; able to advocate and justify personal opinion, but equally able to take on board differing opinions and work collaboratively
- Confident to make decisions with integrity to support the business
- Enthusiastic and keen for challenging new experiences and learning.
- Works well with others as a team player to ensure collective goals are achieved.
- Demonstrates a clear growth mindset and genuine commitment to the time and effort needed to develop oneself and others
- Understands customers and uses that insight to provide value
- Continuously support a culture of continuous improvement, providing regular feedback that enhances team performance
To Apply for this Position
Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter outlining why you believe you are qualified for this demanding and exciting role.
Applications will only be considered if received by e-mail. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 13th September 2020
© CatSci Ltd, 2020