We’re hiring – Associate Principal Chemist / Principal Chemist
As the company continues to grow rapidly, CatSci require additional experienced Process Chemists to join a dynamic team in our world-class facility in Cardiff.
What will your role look like?
You will be bringing scientific excellence to the research and development of new processes for our clients, while mentoring and coaching junior members of staff.
Our scientists are delivering practical projects in laboratory as well as chemistry programmes to cost, quality and time demands. Consequently, you will be liaising with clients at technical meetings, and compiling reports to convey results and offer conclusions. Without saying you will be taking personal responsibility for the quality, integrity, communication and delivery of science on your projects. Associate Principal Scientists and Chemists lead on projects, while Principal Chemists are responsible for entire teams of scientists.
Who are we?
CatSci Ltd, based in Cardiff, UK, is an innovation partner to the chemical research, development and manufacturing industries, specialising in process research and development for manufacturing drug substance and other high value materials. CatSci Ltd has extensive knowledge and expertise in a wide range of chemistry from discovery support through to full scale manufacturing and life-cycle management.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary: £36,000 – £50,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 25 days annual leave
- Company benefits
- Annual bonus
- Wellbeing Program
- Permanent and temporary opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to prior agreement)
- The best team to work with (even if it is us saying so!)
What we are looking for:
- A PhD in chemistry with at least three years’ experience in the industry (+5 for Principal Chemists)
- Detailed understanding of organic synthesis, scale-up and process chemistry
- Expertise in the use of practical synthetic chemistry techniques
- Natural leadership ability is desirable, although previous line management experience is not required.
- Passion for science is essential, as well as self-motivation and results-oriented nature. You will be capable of thinking creatively, keen on challenging new experiences and making decisions with integrity to support the business, while fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
Do you have what it takes to join on this journey of growth? Apply by sending your CV, which clearly demonstrates required criteria, to email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can use the form below or, but if you do not receive an automatic email confirming your application being successful, please email us directly.